Saturday, May 7, 2011

Jesus In Vegas: Takin' Care of Business

Have you heard of Grooveshark? Do you live under a rock with your face stuffed up something unpleasant? It's the Napster of streaming music and these are the songs that you need to go look up and listen to before your eardrums implode from not listening to amazing worldly music:

Cette Fille
by Martial-- A smooth French rap that will get stuck in your head whether you speak the Language of Love or not.

Dull Life by Yeah Yeah Yeahs--- I love the transition from slow and haunting to an insistent urgency which culminates into a mesh of guitar and drums that makes me want to get up and start throwing expensive vases at ex-boyfriends.

dance, dance Christa Paffgen by Anberlin--- Anberlin writes songs that describe love in a way that makes it sound appealingly illicit.

Counting Blue Cars by Dishwalla--- I'm a fan of the lead singer's smooth 90's-rock style voice. I also love that he refers to the concept of god as female.

Lights by Ellie Goulding--- There are several mixes of this haunting song and I love every one of them. Her vocal control is impressive and mixes well with her breathy undertones.

I Am Not A Robot (Clock Opera Mix) by Marina and the Diamonds--- This song will take you into space so sit back and choose your poison.

Hide and Seek (Wikked Remix)--- Furries in A Blender --- This is a high energy remix of Imogen Heap's famous song by the same name. It definitely adds 40 miles to the speed limit if you listen to it in your car.

Jacob's Ladder by Chumbawamba--- You remember these guys, right? Late 90's... Tubthumping... "I get knocked down but I get up again; Ya never gonna keep me down"? Yeah, if you hated that song, you should give this one a try. It's much much better.

Super Rad by The Aquabats--- "Applesauce applesauce applesauce!" This song just makes me laugh. If you hate Ska don't even bother lol

Young Blood by The Naked And Famous--- I'm not sure what the instrument is that is used throughout this song but it really sounds like a reverb laden harpsichord.

I'm always looking for new interesting music in any and every genre. I'll post more recommendations when I run across them.

No comments:

Post a Comment